I'd like to think that our thoughts of gratitude waft up like a sweet song or melody which finds its way to God's ears. Do you think the angels might sing along when we share our joy and thanks for all the gifts we've been given? So many gifts, even on those days we think it's not much?
I want to see afresh the goodness and beauty I enjoy in my life every single day. The people, the treasures and simple pleasures, the creative pieces I get to enjoy from the hands of artists and creators... all there ready for me to savor, taste, cozy up in, listen to, watch, read, snuggle with.
Marcel Proust once said: "Let us be grateful for those who give us happiness; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls bloom."
So I started a list of some of the gifts I enjoy. I'd like to take some time to ponder and then think grateful thoughts for them. This could prove a most enlightening experience:
- 10 bloggers who contribute something lovely into your life;
- 5 things you're grateful for even though you don't own it;
- 5 things you're grateful for that you recently acquired;
- 3 things that make your heart sing;
- 7 things about your body you've taken for granted but are thankful for;
- 6 affirmations people have shared with you;
- 4 books or quotes that have given you cheer or direction at the right time;
- 5 places that give you a sense of joy, peace, or contentment;
- 5 things in nature that you enjoy;
- 5 things about your spouse, kids, or pets you love;
- 10 foods or meals you love and appreciate;
- 5 songs or pieces of music for which you are thankful;
- 10 commodities and services in your community you'd miss if they were gone;
- 10 people who serve in your community making your life easier, better, more enjoyable;
- 5 things you're thankful for about your mom or dad;
- 5 lessons you've appreciated learning in your lifetime.
Wishing you a thoughtful day,