1. I'm back from a writer's conference and my head is a-swirl with all manner of new ideas. What fun to meet with other writers. What fun to be inspired and motivated anew by experienced authors as they share their own writing journeys.
2. Sande over at A Gift Wrapped Life is celebrating her 100th posting this week by presenting a 'gorgeous giveaway' from her on-line store. To find out how you can participate, click here for details.
|My garden in the backyard, 2009|
3. The birdy flurry of the past few weeks has died down. Our backyard is quiet. I miss not only my family of tree swallows, but the flocks of birds who came to visit every day. I feel a little forlorn, as feeders and birdbaths sit mostly empty. Yet, the odd chickadee still whistles his cheeky songs, so who can stay forlorn for long?
4. It's hard to believe we've used up the whole month of July already! As the days persistently march their steady 24-hour rhythm, I'm reminded of something Mary Oliver once asked:
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
To make the days count for what is important to you, what is it you plan to do with your own wild and precious life in August? I have to think about it. For the rest of Ms. Oliver's poem "Little Summer Poem Touching the Subject of Faith" please click here.
5. I finally took the plunge and signed up for Facebook. In fact, this was one tip our writing conference speaker suggested we do when we got home because it's a great place to hook up with people all over the place to make your name and work familiar 'out there'. If you are on FB and you want to 'friend' me, click here.
On that note, I'm off. Have a wonderful weekend.
May your days be pleasant and your hearts alive with love and joy!