One of the secrets to a happy life
is continuous small treats.
~ Iris Murdoch
Treats this week so far:
1. Nibbling a couple TimTam chocolate biscuits
during a break from house chores.
2. Reading a favorite author, Jan Karon;
3. Freshening up the guest room
for a brief visit from Mom.
4. Watching the arrival of new flocks of birds
and hearing their spring songs in our neighborhood.
5. Uncovering forgotten books on my own shelves
that beckon yet another read.
6. Clearing out a small patch of clutter
and finding a long-hidden treasure.
7. Finding a few books that I no longer feel the need
to keep -- so I can pack them up and take them to
our cozy secondhand bookstore and get credit to buy new ones.
8. Discovering there were still a few photos
of Miss Kitty on my camera...