For lunch today, I made a Potato and Ham Pie. I used what I had on hand, no recipe in front of me. I baked a couple of potatoes ahead. Poked in the frig to see what else would work. I found ham and eggs and cheese. What could go wrong with ham and eggs and cheese? With about 20 minutes prep time, not counting the potatoes, it was ready to go into the oven.
Brenda's Potato and Ham Pie
Serves two generously ~ delicious and filling
2 medium russet potatoes, till mostly done, peel, and slice
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 cup cubed ham
4 - 5 eggs
1/4 cup milk or cream
1/4 cup or so grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
parsley, something to add a little colour
1/2 to 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Saute onion and ham for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Now saute potato slices in olive oil or butter or both till a little crispy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a pie plate, layer 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the onion/ham mix and 1/2 cheddar cheese. Repeat.
- Pour egg mix over everything, and sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 F for 30 - 35 minutes -- until eggs are set and top is browned.
- Serve with a salad.
'You never forget a beautiful thing that you have made,' [Chef Bugnard] said. 'Even after you eat it, it stays with you - always.' ~ from Julia Child, My Life in France
Wishing you a *´¨) > ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨) > (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * happy day! *