As overheard from a mother cat instructing her kittens...
- Learn the difference between idleness and repose--one wastes time, the other one luxuriates in it.
- Never, ever let anyone floss your teeth--unless you're unconscious or dead.
- No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.
- Never go to bed with a resentful heart or a dirty face.
- Inspire whimsy in everyone you meet.
- Help with making the bed.
- Help with redecorating, even when no one asks you.
- Don't be fooled by cat furniture -- tiny beds, cramped baskets, etc -- sold in pet stores. Human furniture is always more plush and comfortable.
- Treat yourself to a nap in the sock drawer once in awhile.
- Help with jigsaw puzzles.
The above quotes are found in a wonderful little book written by Leigh W. Rutledge A Cat's Little Instruction Book. Seems to be good advice for anyone -- feline or otherwise.
Here's wishing you all a purr-fectly lovely weekend!