It's Easter weekend, and my family is coming tomorrow to celebrate Easter and my 65th birthday. The house is nearly ready. I love setting a table for company—I've got big bundles of pink and white tulips for centerpieces. This is the first time we're not cooking our holiday meal but having it catered and brought in. Italian. It's not the usual Easter repast, but then it's all sort of new again having people come as guests to our house. Even though folks haven't seen anything in my wardrobe for many months, I splurged on a new outfit for tomorrow. Even a new lipstick, which I basically gave up wearing during mask season. After all, it's a party and it's going be a beautiful day.
Thinking about the past week, here is what's giving me d-e-l-i-g-h-t for Five on Friday:
1. I saw green grass! On a south facing hillside today in my turn about town doing a couple of errands—this is in spite of the week's cold weather and snowfall last night.
2. I spotted two robins on our mountain ash tree earlier in the week. I was so pleased to see they had arrived but I felt sorry—they came just as the temperatures plummeted for several days.
3. Birthday cards have been arriving in the mailbox.
4. Birthday cake awaits in the refrigerator for tomorrow's festivities. It's called a Duchess Cake. The bakery describes it this way: "...it's our take on a traditional Swedish Princesstårta, made with chiffon cake, homemade raspberry jam, pastry cream, whipped cream and topped with marzipan. It's not too heavy and makes a lovely summer cake." For a peek at what it looks like, click HERE.
5. What a delight to find these words from my blogging friend, Debbie, in the comment box the other day: "Seize each day and soak up whatever joy there is to find." Oh yes, I'm all for soaking up the joy.
On that note, I'm wishing you all a beautiful weekend.
Top Image by Buntysmum from Pixabay
Floral graphic by Owantana from Pixabay