So where have we been all day?
1. Fighting alligators with my computer, for one thing. Everything started getting soooo s-l-o-w. Wasn't sure if it was my computer or the service provider, so that took up some of my day to sort it out. Seems it was a bit of both.
2. Spent time peeling a box of ripe apples from my brother-in-law's tree. Bagged and froze them so we're ready for pies and crisps this winter.
3. On hands and knees, there I was with bucket and hot sudsy water, scrubbing down a somewhat icky kitchen floor. What was that mess, anyway? Best not to inquire too closely!
4. I've been saying prayers for Orange Kitten -- my sweet furry neighbour has gone missing since the weekend. It bears not thinking lest heart begins weeping. This tests that place of 'being anxious for nothing but in everything give thanks and let your requests be made known to God'. And the peace of God which passes all understanding will garrison and mount guard over your heart and mind. I have to keep casting my cares for Kitten on Someone bigger than me. And the peace does come every time.
5. Spent time designing a couple of small posters for a wee bookstore in my local church community. I've worked on it for a couple of hours and yet it zipped by as if a few minutes. Creating is such fun! If it wasn't so late, I'd have 'show and tell'.
6. Wrote down three writing ideas today. Now if I could just sit down and work on them tomorrow. (Lin, could you come and keep an eye on me.... you always seem to stay the course so well.....)
7. Enjoying the lovely autumn days. It's been beautiful, although it got a bit blustery this afternoon. Which of course reminded me of Winnie the Pooh, because ole Pooh always enjoys a blustery day if his balloon ride get him closer to the beehive in that tree.
8. Zzzzz ... think my brain went to bed already. Best go!
Blessings and wishes for a sweet and restful sleep!