Last night, my sister sent all the family a quick e-mail with a list of 10 things she and her family had been doing recently. It was a great way to catch a glimpse into their lives without my sister spend a lot of time writing a long letter or email. I'm doing the same for you today, only it will be a magnificent list of seven:
1. I'm busy getting ready for a weekend away to the mountains with my hubby. Early tomorrow morning, we board a Via Rail train for a 5-hour trip to Jasper National Park. My first-ever train ride, and I'm really looking forward to it!
2. We're staying at the Jasper Park Lodge -- a beautiful place to visit any time of year. Here are a couple of snaps I found on their website... to give you a peek:
3. Went out for a nice breakfast with my mom and sister this morning, a lovely beginning to my birthday celebrations this weekend! Not only did we have the usual breakfast fare, but when the lovely waitress found out it was my b-day, she came later on with a wonderful piece of cheesecake lit with a single candle. Don't think I've ever eaten cheesecake for breakfast, but then, you do need your dairy intake, yes?
4. My nephew found a gift wrapped parcel on our front step when he came home from work. It was for moi! A bag packed with bright cheerily wrapped treasures, along with a card from a dear friend who always seems to know exactly how to touch the soul with kindness and grace. I was joy-ed to the core of me!
5. The snow from our slushy dump of a few days ago is mostly melted. It was fun to drive in the neighbourhood and see all manner of snowmen in front of homes and schools!
6. I went to the shops to look for something new and springlike to wear while we're in Jasper. And what a treasure trove I found today. I thought of Katherine over at Sew Me Something Good because her site is so wondrously colourful whenever I go and visit. There were so many beautiful clothes in gorgeous colours, I felt a little like I'd popped into Katherine's colourful blog or Bert's sidewalk chalk art from the Mary Poppins film!
7. I'm taking my watercolours with me on this trip. I've had a hankering to play with them... more colours to feast my eyes upon!
And so, now I'm off. It will have to be early to bed tonight -- so no late night blogging, reading, or cleaning out forgotten corners at three in the morning!
Wishing you bright, beautiful colours in your corner of the world!