Sometimes a funny streak hits me where I just feel like being a little silly. Today is such a day. Not so long ago, I read an article where the author started explaining that big grammar no-no of dangling participles and modifiers.
Don't ask me why, but that started a daydream about other dangling objects. Here are a few things that came to mind:
2. Catkins in the springtime
3. Projects that didn't get done
4. Unfinished sentences
5. Wilted celery sticks
6. Bird feeders hung from tree branches
7. The brass chain pull on a table lamp
8. Kitty's tail over the side of the couch
9. Legs dangling from the pier at the lake
10. Outstanding promises
11. Toilet paper caught on the bottom of a shoe
12. Carrots on sticks
13. Cuckoo clock weights on chains
14. Charms on bracelets
15. Spiders spinning webs
16. While you're waiting for an unforthcoming answer
17. Grapes from a vine
18. Keys on a hook
19. Kisses that miss cheeks
So, what dangling things come to your mind?
PS. Click here to find out the story
of that mismatched pair of earrings in the photo above.