Here's my go at 2nd Cup's Random Dozen.
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts"? Yes, I do. Sometimes I send a contribution back, but not always. I've wondered about the 'rightness' of using them if I don't support them with my cash, but I got over it. My using them indicates my support, and it's free publicity for the organization when I use them on my envelopes.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching? I love the long summer evenings in northerly Alberta, where twilight lasts a long time. I enjoy watching the sky and clouds change as the sun drops lower and lower into the horizon.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? Probably it was the time many years ago when I ate octopus at a Greek restaurant. That seemed pretty adventuresome for me.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!) No, I can't say I have.... and I hope I never do..... 'cause I'm reminded of that verse from the Bible that says if we don't praise God, the rocks will cry out praise in our stead. I'd sooner do my own praising, thank you very much!
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be? Ever since I lived in Venezuela for several months after I graduated from college, I have had a hankering to learn Spanish and be truly fluent in it. As well, I'd like to learn French, since I do live in a country (Canada) where we have two official languages.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say? I hope that someday it could say "She walked in love."
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like. Drew a blank on this one... maybe 'Bren'.
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show? Don't watch much television these days. I used to enjoy the nighttime soaps like Dallas or Falcon Crest (waaaay back when).
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Oh dear.... nothing genteel about my sneezes.... they're usually quite eruptive.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere? I like the feel of paper in my hands, so yes, I prefer my newspaper in paper format. Hubby likes to get the news on TV and internet, so I get caught up that way too. ... Oh yes, it's much more comfortable for Kitty if the news comes on something she can lay on (although she doesn't do that as much as Mr. Sullivan (my grey lad) used to do. That was his favourite.
11. Are you a good speller? I've always been a good speller, and LOVED spelling bees in elementary school. Seems my proof-reading eyes are always on duty; a bit disconcerting to find what seems like more typos than there used to be... sometimes even in my own postings.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about lunch? Depends on how early breakfast was.