2009 by Brenda Colleen Leyland
Woke up to skies burdened with snow this morning. These days the temperatures around here must be fastened to a musician's trombone -- sliding up and down all which-away. It can't seem to decide if it should be wildly frigid or mildly frosty. From the hoar frosted Russian olive tree in the neighbour's backyard, clues indicate we're on the upslide today.
While humming and hawing about what to write (maybe I'm attached to the same trombone), I've decided to take the easy road today and let someone else do the 'thin'ning around here'. The list below arrived in my e-mail box from a friend.... hope they add a touch of fun to your day.
* Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
* Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
* Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
* If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
* It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply be kind to others.
* Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
* Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
* Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
* The second mouse gets the cheese.
* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
* We could learn a lot from crayons... Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
Stay warm and cozy!