As I look back at my blogging challenge of the past 100 days, it turns out that I followed a series of steps that are often taught in the Mary Kay (skincare and cosmetics) world.
I've noticed that what I've been learning as I write monthly newsletters for consultants in the industry easily translates into other areas of my life. I didn't even realize I was following these seven steps for my blogging goal until I came across the list the other day. Perhaps you'll find these steps helpful too.
Seven Small Steps to Help You Reach Your Goal
1. Write it down. I wrote my goal that I would complete 100 postings in 100 days.
2. Share it with someone. I then shared it with dozens of people by posting my plan on my blog.
3. Break it into smaller tasks. I wrote one posting every day.
4. Put a deadline on it. The deadline was 100 days from the first day -- November 25, 2008.
5. Plan the steps to achieve it. I decided on the topics. I made space in my day to sit at my computer and work on one post a day. I read information online about how to blog and I visited other blogs for ideas and know how. I read up on how to do some of the technical stuff.
6. Focus daily on it. I kept the goal fresh in my mind. I visited other bloggers for inspiration.
7. Take immediate action. I sat down at my computer and began my first post -- as my post title indicated, I just jumped in. I put my hands on the keyboard, typed, deleted, and typed some more!
Wishing you success with your own goals -- be sure to enjoy the journey!